4.06.2006

Oh, Morrison...is there no end to thy genius?

I tell you what...I never thought the day would come where I'd anticipate a SUPERMAN comic. Superman has always been...well, a little too super for me. I just never could get into the character...everything about his books and mythos just rubs me the wrong way. You get the point--I hate Superman.

Enter Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely. Good Lord, man...The two of them have made All Star Superman a ridiculously entertaining book. In issue 3, Samson and another dickwad roll up in their chronomobile to try and woo Lois over to their side. A fucking chronomobile, okay? This is the EXACT type of gay shit that's always kept me away from Superman comics! But with Morrison at the helm, I'll be damned if this wasn't the most intertaining comic I've read since...All Star Superman #2.

All hail Grant Morrison. I had also never enjoyed an X-MEN book until he redefined the mutants in his NEW X-MEN run. The man can make anything work, be it the industry's top icons or B-listers like the characters seen in SEVEN SOLDIERS.

1 comment:

William Harms said...

I didn't care for his X-men, but I'm also digging Superman. (He got me to read a Superman comic for the first time in 20 years or so, which is no small feat.)