3.29.2006

Look at me, I'm Ultra Fucking Pretentious

So, I have these long periods of absurd self-examination where I wax poetic about what I'm working on.

When it's a comic about Abe Lincoln, a Dog, a Fist, and a Skull who kick each other in the balls? That's when I get pretentious.

So, I proudly present for you all...

Pretentious Josh!

Ego, is that rational middle ground, trying to balance pleasure with survival, rationality with living a satisfied life. In Punks, that’s Abe. He’s the emotional center of the book, his whole thing is chewing over the right and wrong, the real and unreal, and while not necessarily always deciding properly, his decisions come from a place that is at the very least balanced. For those unfamiliar, using Seinfeld, he's the Jerry.

Super Ego is Dog, the self-doubting, self-hating, angry young man. He serves as that voice in the back of your head saying “You’re not good enough, and everybody’s on to you.” Again, to Seinfeld, he's the George.

Read The Rest, if you can stand it, here.

No comments: